top of page

Ways to help the flooding in Haywood Country...

It's been a long and draining week for Haywood county and other low lying areas of Western North Carolina. Last Tuesday Tropical Depression Fred came through dropping a record amount of rain within a 24 hour period.

On Aug. 18, Gov. Roy Cooper declared a state of emergency in Western North Carolina. This is an emergency close to our hearts and homes.

Here's a few options of how you can help those affected by the flooding:

  • Volunteer: Our team has spent a total of 4 days volunteering around Haywood county at individual homes and non-profits. The clean up of this disaster will take weeks. Please let us know if you have time to help.

  • Donate: A few options for monetary or physical donations. (We are not affiliated with any of these and recommend you donate to anywhere you are comfortable)

  • Cruso Community Center, 13186 Cruso Road, Canton, NC 28716. Call 828-648-5633.

  • United Way of Haywood County, 81 Elmwood Way, Suite 140, P.O. Box 1139, Waynesville, NC 28786. Call 828-356-2832. Visit

  • Individual GoFundMe's can be found here.

If you have been affected by the flooding here are ways to receive help:

  • Call the helpline at 828-356-2022 for non-emergency questions, assistance and directions on next steps in the process of healing.

  • Free debris cleanup call WNC Flooding Home Cleanup Hotline: Services include: Cut fallen trees; drywall, flooring and appliance removal; tarping roofs, mold mitigation. 828-222-3975 or visit

6 views0 comments
bottom of page